Lovely background

Sunday 12 June 2011

The wanderer returns....

Oh Em Gee.... I'm so, so sorry for leaving you all in the lurch, desperate to know what the Thompson family have been upto.  What was that?  You mean you didn't even notice that I hadn't posted for 6 months?? Charming, I'm sure.....

Well, I'm back and promise to update this on a much more regular basis.  In the meantime, I'm going to do a few rush posts to bring you all back to speed on what's been "goin' dawwwwn".

I successfully ran the HBF run for a reason - a whole 14km of it!  Proud of meself?  You betcha.  I followed a Hal Higdon training programme which transformed me from an ashmatic uphill wheezer to a 10km/hr runner (prob should call myself a jogger, but hate the legwarmer conotations of that word).

I ran the whole race and finished in 1hr 27min, a very respectable time for my first race, so well pleased with that.


That's me, looking a bit of a nobber, but feeling very pleased with myself.

My next stop is the City to Surf run which is in August. My only problem at the moment is that I can't decide whether to do the 12km or whether to tackle the 21km half marathon - any thoughts?

The other biggie that has happened of late....my best mate Rebecca has been over to visit with her lovely family.
Bek is the hottie on the left, I'm the wrinkly one on the right.  We had such a lovely time whilst she was here, and I'm really hoping that she liked Perth as much as we do.

Here are a few gratutious shots of them and us enjoying our 7 precious days together.





No comments:

Post a Comment