Lovely background

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Things we've acheived today

1. We walked the dogs, on the beach, and Agatha actually stood on the sand. Usually she points at the sea, shouting "bye, bye!!!" very loudly and tries to drag me off the beach. I'm thinking she probably won't be a surfer chick.

2. We've been to the educational superstore, known as Wooldriges, to get Ruben (and Grace's) stuff they need to start next Tuesday. Unlike in the UK, where all school materials are free, over here in Oz you have to buy a fair bit. Ruben needed 2 text books, a couple of large display folders and a library book bag. Grace needed display folders and..... wait for it.....a towel. Answers on a postcard, please.

3. I'm not saying I'm great at packing suitcases, but thought I'd got everything covered when I packed 5 cases of stuff to see us through until our container arrived. However, I soon found out that I'd only packed summer dresses and HSM dressing up outfits for Grace, and no jeans, or trousers. So we had to go and get her some today. Kids' clothes are not exactly great over here, but did manage to get her some nice-ish skinny black jeans from Big W.

Not bad, eh? Oh, and bumped into Paul and Ian bunking off work like a couple of naughty school boys, going to get a latte...

1 comment:

  1. God Paul's got the life, wagging it with his mate! sounds like you got the hardest job Vic x

    ReplyDelete