Lovely background

Thursday 24 June 2010

A great day!!


Obviously this is not a photo I've taken as we hired a Toyota Corolla at the airport and not a helicopter. However, it is a picture of Scarborough beach, one of the closest beaches to the house we took a peek at today.
Me and the kids took a drive "North of the River" today to check out some of the suburbs that we've shortlisted as favourites. We looked at a house in a suburb called Greenwood and to be honest, I've totally fallen for it. Which is very unlike me. At all.
It backs onto a huge park where we'd be all to walk our repatriated dogs, and the kids will be free to play. It has a pool (yay!) and enough bedrooms so that none of the kids have to share. Oh, and a dishwasher.....
We also went to Ikea. I know, very sad, but Aggie needed a highchair. They were all out of the stock of the famous WHITE PLASTIC HIGHCHAIR so we came away with 2 packs of coat hangers and a hot dog each.
All in all, a very good day, apart from the lack of highchair, and I'm starting to feel my feet nicely - I even had a text off a real Australian Person! Go me!
So, tomorrow brings a trip to the quarantine station to visit Jess and Ono, and a visit to see the inside of the above house. Paul has told me to just "do it" if it feels right as he can't make the viewing, so watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Wow how exciting. Didn't take long to find a house . Hope all goes will in the viewing .looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete